Meet The Team: Blake
September 24, 2020
Meet Blake- Vice President of Development! Blake recently moved to Fargo and we are so lucky to have him in our office. Blake has been on the EPIC team since the beginning. He is always a helping hand and excited for the upcoming projects. Learn more about Blake below.
1. What do you love most about your job? I really enjoy when a project is officially open because you get to step back and appreciate all the hard work that has gone into making it a reality. So many people have been involved from design, financing, construction, leasing and eventually management….it is truly an impressive process.
2. What was your very first job? I worked at the Souris Valley Golf Course in Minot when I was 12 or 13. I used to clear the golf balls off the driving range, fill up water coolers, hang out in the pro-shop and go golfing any chance I could.
3. Where is your favorite place you have traveled to? Alaska.
4. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend? Summer time we are at the lakes with family whenever we can (either Lake Sakakawea or Detroit Lakes), and during the school year we are busy with kids activities which includes coaching hockey. I enjoy being outdoors and just about anything hunting/fishing related.
5. What 3 words would your friends use to describe you? Funny, Helpful, Easy-going.
6. What do you wish the work fridge was always stocked with? Honey crisp apples and beef jerky.
7. What you are most excited about with working for EPIC? Being able to work with all of the great people on this team in-person! After working remotely for so long, it has been fun to sit in on the meetings that I previously dialed-in for.
8. What are 3 things still left on your bucket list? Successful elk hunt in the mountains; Trip to Norway; Attend MN Vikings Super Bowl Game.
9. Tell us about your career before EPIC? I was hired by Todd Berning in 2000 and worked at the Ralph Engelstad Arena until I graduated from UND in 2004. Then I worked in sales for Express Personnel in 2005, and then moved to Fargo in 2006 and started working with Todd again with ICON Architects. I’ve been licensed in real estate since 2007, and worked with EPIC remotely while I lived in Bismarck and Omaha over the last 6 years. My family and I recently moved to Fargo so I can no longer wear sweat pants to work.
10. What trend do you hope makes a comeback? Full-time school.
11. What is your most hated household chore? Dishes! I love cooking, but do not enjoy the clean up nearly as much.
12. If you could only have 3 apps on your smartphone, what would you pick? Mobile Banking; Instagram; YouTube Kids.